Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Nothin' Says Christmas Like an Archway Cookie!

I'm serious. (And I promise to post a more substantial reflection soon, not that enough of these cookies aren't substantial. Just been real busy with teaching, grading, podcasting, blah, blah!) We ran a few errands Saturday after a beautiful Mass on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception. As I zipped through the aisles of Acme, seeking out the 2% milk (though I'm partial to the scandalously retro Whole Milk; feels rebellious just typing it!) I passed by a display of Archway cookies. This was an almost religious experience for me. I don't know why but I often forget about my friends at Archway throughout the rest of the year. Well, once in the middle of summer I had a craving for those massive iced oatmeal cookies and some cold milk. Wow. So if you're out and about this season, look for the "cashew nougat cookie-ball looking things" - they are amazing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What in the world happened to the other 98% of the milk is what I want to know!
Archway is one of the best, I love the coconut macaroons.
Bit of a side note: I just wikipedia-ed (is that a word) macaroon to check the spelling, and adding another credit to our beloved Scotland, the macaroon was invented in Govan, Glasgow, Scotland.

Your cuz,
Mary

Deborah said...

I just read that Archway closed their doors in October. *sobs*> No more cashew nougat cookies at Christmas. Not going to be very Merry...

The Heart of Things said...

sure, all good things must come to an end I suppose.... dang it.

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...