Friday, August 22, 2008

Fireproof Movie

There is a new film called Fireproof coming out next month that brings a very positive message to marriage and family, and particularly to helping marriages that are failing. On the homepage of the website is a powerful video from the Christian band Casting Crowns (I thought I'd plug it in here). It holds a sobering message and one we all need to hear.... true love takes discipline, hard work, and an unfailing devotion to the beauty and truth of the other. Husbands, let's make this advice of St. John Chrysostom's to young husbands as our own! I have taken you in my arms, and I love you, and I prefer you to my life itself. For the present life is nothing, and my most ardent dream is to spend it with you in such a way that we may be assured of not being separated in the life reserved for us.... I place your love above all things, and nothing would be more bitter or painful to me than to be of a different mind than you. - CCC 2365

No comments:

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...