Saturday, October 25, 2008

Unbelievable

There is weeping in the night; but joy comes in the morning. - Psalm 30 All's been quiet on the blog front for a while now. Today, I'm ready to tell you why! Rebecca and I wanted to say a quick thank you for the continued prayers and support for Baby Grace. She is now at 25 weeks in the womb and kicking more and more (or "dancing" as I like to say). There has been no apparent change as yet with her condition of acrania. Please keep praying through Pope John Paul II for a miracle; we believe it can happen. On another note, unconnected but providentially related to our story with Grace... we have been given a different kind of miracle, and you may from the picture have already guessed it! We have been chosen to adopt a BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY! It's been a real whirlwind of finding out about him, praying about it, deciding, and then being chosen. It all happened in a period of just about three days! When God cooks up a miracle, sometimes He just pops it in the microwave. So, what are feeling right now? Peace, joy, love…. The fruits of the Spirit, and that's been a good sign for my wife and I that we made the right choice in opening the door of our hearts and our home to him, even in the midst of our via dolorosa with Grace. There was no fear or feeling of not being prepared, or anxiety. We gave our YES and a YES was given back! He's come like a ray of light into this fog of uncertainty with Grace, and I think he's the reason his little sister is dancing in the womb! Like a little Simon he's helping us carry this Cross, just by being who he is. Because of the nature of this private adoption, and because it’s still in process, there are a few things I think I should keep from print, simply because of its sensitive nature. One amazing thing I will mention is that his given name from the birth mother can be translated as “appointed one.” For my wife and I, waiting years for the gift of children, this was a pretty amazing sign! He’s unlocked a new level in the adventure of our lives; he’s given us new names too. For five years Rebecca and I have been husband and wife… now we are mommy and daddy. It’s all a grace, everything is a grace! And every day, we will pray for grace to be the best parents we can be. The Lord GOD will wipe away the tears from every face. - Isaiah 25

8 comments:

Frances said...

Yay! Congratulations! I was very eager to hear what was in the works, and I couldn't be more delighted by your first revelation. I look forward to hearing more about your blessed little boy, when you are able to share more. In the meantime, prayers continue!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Praise be to God! I am so excited for you and Rebecca. And I have a sneaking suspicion that your son's name may be what has always been on my heart to name my son, if I am ever so blessed with having one. You can count on continued prayers for you, Rebecca, Grace and now your son. Amazing!

God Bless,
Dawn

FullofJoy said...

What wonderful news! Congrats from both Joe and me! Please tell Rebecca we said the same. We're looking forward to hearing more. Your family is still in our prayers, too.
Theresa

Anonymous said...

God bless your family. What wonderfully happy news. Thanks be to God!

Anonymous said...

Dear Bill and Rebecca-

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I have been away from my computer for a few days and you, Rebecca and Grace have been in my thoughts and now I know why! What a blessed turn of events! Trey, my hubby, was adopted and is so thrilled for you! As always you are in our prayers! God Bless!

Peace!
Wendy

The Heart of Things said...

Thansk so much for the kind wishes and prayers.... It is an awesome experience! And so much spiritual food for blogging too! I just need the time to sit and write it all out ;)

Maybe in a few years?

Anonymous said...

Bill, praise God, this is wonderful, wonderful news. You and Rebecca have a son, and I'm crying at my desk at work. Praise Him, praise Him! Intense continued prayers for your growing family. I can't wait to revel in the experience when you are able to blog about it. No doubt the Lord has worked a great deal in your heart as of late. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am so glad to hear the news. I said that I would pray for you before and I will continue to pray for all of your family. The funny thing is that a very similar thing happened to us. I was poised to accept a job and put off having children when boom, we got a call from our adoption agency saying that a child was due that day. She did not come until 10 days later, but we are so happy to have her. Don't expect to be able to do much blogging at all for a while :). Congratulations again! God is so good.

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...