Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Beyond the Blue



Welcome to "Beyond the Blue," one of my favorite new musical romps through the human experience by Josh Garrels, an incredibly gifted young man from Portland, Oregon. The lyrics hit the ground running and take you on a journey deep into the heart and through it beyond the blue! Enjoy!

Beyond the Blue 

Stand on the shores of a site unseen
The substance of this dwells in me
Cause my natural eyes only go skin deep
But the eye’s of my heart anchor the sea
Plumbing the depths to the place in between
The tangible world and the land of a dreams
Because everything ain’t quite it seems
There’s more beneath the appearance of things
A beggar could be king within the shadows, Of a wing

And wisdom will honor everyone who will learn
To listen, to love, and to pray and discern
And to do the right thing even when it burns
And to live in the light through treacherous turns
A man is weak, but the spirit yearns
To keep on course from the bow to the stern
And throw overboard every selfish concern
That tries to work for what can’t be earned
Sometimes the only way to return is to go,
Where the winds will take you

Read the rest here!

3 comments:

Theatre Geek said...

I'm trying to be serious about blogging. Please read and follow at http://poetryprosepopcorn.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Love Josh! You can download the whole album for free on his website! Bill, I used to live in West Chester, PA and had the pleasure of hearing you speak at a young adults group last year. So good. I'd love for you to visit Captive the Heart, my blog for Catholic brides-to-be!

captivetheheart.blogspot.com

The Heart of Things said...

Thanks Stephanie, I did grab that album (and Over Oceans is EXCELLENT AS WELL!) from him. Incredibly gifted. I'll visit your blog, thanks! Yours too Bridget!

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...