Tuesday, May 20, 2014
To Be Inspired and Inflamed
This July 9-11, there will be a gathering in historic Philadelphia, PA, of renowned experts and enthusiasts on the incredible thought of St. John Paul II. He devoted the first major teaching project of his pontificate – 129 short talks between September of 1979 and November of 1984 – to providing a profoundly beautiful vision of human embodiment and erotic love. He gave this project the working title “Theology of the Body.” Far from being a footnote in the Christian life, the way we understand the body and the sexual relationship “concerns the whole Bible” (TOB 69:8). It plunges us into “the perspective of the whole Gospel, of the whole teaching, even more, of the whole mission of Christ” (TOB 49:3). Christ’s mission, according to the spousal analogy of the Scriptures, is to “marry” us. He invites us to live with him in an eternal life-giving union of love. The repercussions of this teaching, in essence of the Gospel itself, are boundless, touching every person in every walk of life with the positive, hope-filled joy of the Gospel that truly sets women and men free to love. Our three days together in July includes:
• More than 30 seminars, roundtable discussions, expert panels and keynotes;
• Sharing and collaboration between key Theology of the Body leaders, catechists, Church leaders and teachers from around the country;
• Catholic vendors specializing in Theology of the Body-related products;
• Two breakfasts, a luncheon, two dinners, and a special awards presentation;
• Eucharistic adoration, reconciliation, and daily Mass celebrated at the Basilica Cathedral of SS Peter and Paul
- See more at: http://tobcongress.com/program/#sthash.I6PmyrLb.dpuf
at May 20, 2014
If they knew how big they’d become on the music scene, lead singer Ben Gibbard of the band “Death Cab for Cutie” once confessed, they woul...
OK. This image is a little creepy. But I didn't make it up. I'm going to meet it this weekend, "face to face." Uh.... Let ...
PREAMBLE: Before we even begin today's reflections, I have something to smell you, I mean tell you. One of the coolest things about Pa...
This might hurt your brain, but stay with me friends. Imagine if he came the way we wanted him to? Imagine if Jesus answered the probl...